Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We are visiting RVing friends (and fellow Escapees) Jan and Von and Jan's brother Dale in Tonopah, AZ (near Phoenix). Our friends joined us for a BBQ this afternoon. Good friends, good conversation and good food was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.
This will be my first Christmas away from Santa Barbara, my mother, my children and grandchildren in over 10 years (Iowa 1998). I am sure that Christmas will be great, but I will miss spending it with the rest of my family.



Early this evening I was sitting at my desk and looked up to see the tail end of a beautiful sunset over Sadleback Mountain. What is it about sunsets that are so mesmerizing? Our friend Von and several other performers put on a great Christmas show at the activity center. Von is an excellent singer. In a prior life (before RVing) Von was an exceptional Elvis impersonator. If you ever get a chance to hear him do karaoke you don't want to miss it!

After the perfromance we joined Von, Jan and her brother Dale in their RV for some snacks. We also enjoyed the company of their dog, Harry Potter.


Although I missed everyone back in SB, this was a really nice Christmas Eve.



No comments: