Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Late Start for 2009

We are getting a late start on our 2009 RV Travels. We had planned to leave our winter home on April 30 and head for the Escapade in Sedalia Missouri (May 24-29) follolwed by a trip to South Dakota to walk out on the arm of Chief Crazy Horse (a once a year Volksmarch during the first weekend in June).

We are currently in Temecula, CA visiting our youngest son and helping him shop for a home. He is a first time home-buyer and the whole process is new and exciting for him, his girlfriend Summer and us.

Nancy, Brian, Summer and I saw "Angels and Demons" yesterday. Even though it was 2.5 hours, we all enjoyed the movie.
We all (including Summer's parents...Bruce & Mary)

went to dinner at Lucile's Smokehouse BBQ. The baby back ribs were good, but I have had much better. We all tried the fried dill pickles and they received a grade of A+ from the entire table.


We will return to SB tomorrow to get packed and leave on our annual trip about 5/22.

3 comments:

Brian said...

What's this about the ribs?! I feel deceived!

RVLifestyle said...

I didn’t want to say anything that evening because mom and Bruce were also eating ribs. However, the ribs were definitely sub-par; not tender, a little dry and not all that tasty. The best part of the dinner was the garlic mashed potatoes (and the fried pickles). If I had the energy I would write a complaint letter...$25+ should buy you really good ribs! Bottom line, I would probably not go back and if I did I would not order ribs.

Brian said...

That's a bummer! You should write a complaint and then send me the gift card! haha j/k